Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Infiltrator Part 14

It's been a little longer than usual since I last wrote about Infiltrator. You know how that works though. I'm not on a deadline or schedule, except for other things which sometimes end up delaying Infiltrator.

There are some really cool new features this time though, so lets jump in.


After quite a bit of bug-crushing and complications, I've finally added buttons to save level files from the editor. Just hit F2 to save, or F3 to save the file with a different name. Of course, if you're working on a file without a name, it will ask you to come up with one.

If you're a clever one, you might guess that you can't export all of the level data just yet. You would be correct. But what can you export?

                                               Not a fair way to start a level


The level editor only saves enemies ATM. As you can see, this still excited me enough to mess around. I hope it won't be long before I get the level editor into a more workable shape and can get back to work on core game mechanics. This is important though. I don't want another fiasco where I spend the entire day manually writing a level file by hand to test something.


      --LazerBlade

No comments:

Post a Comment