Saturday, February 4, 2012

Infiltrator Part 13

Yoinkers! Last month was the first time ever that this blog clocked(or whatever you call it) over 1,000 page views. Yay, and thanks for reading!

Anyway, I'm not here to ramble on about stats. I'm here to talk about Infiltrator.


The coolest new change is an important one. I finally added features that allow the player to place enemies of any type in the level editor. I still need to set this up for barriers and finish adding in a feature to export level files though. At least this is a good baseline.

You might also note that I created a new sprite for the player, based on my beloved Xt-mk3 ship. Here is a clearer picture of it in action:


From a programmers perspective, I've also done some cleaning up. I cleared out a lot of unnecessary code, added or improved comments in some sections, and went through a few really messy sections of code to make them neater. It's still teetering on the edge of being a really huge and unintelligible kludge, but at least I'm doing something to try and keep it from falling.

        --LazerBlade

No comments:

Post a Comment